How can you adopt a healthy lifestyle?
October 25, 2018 at 1:43 PM
There are many ways to improve your health, but it doesn’t have to be hard. Whether you are looking to begin your journey toward a healthy life or looking to maintain healthy lifestyle habits, we put together a list of 5 easy tips! These will help you live a more mindful and healthy lifestyle. Let us know your tips & tricks below in the comments section!
- Drinking enough water per day helps with things like weight control, overall mood and boosts metabolism & energy.
- Rule of thumb, drink eight 8-ounce glasses of water per day
- According to the Institute of Medicine, it is recommended that men drink about 13 cups of water a day and women about 9.
- Pro tip: Drink cold water as your body expends more calories heating up the water to body temperate.
Be Active for 30 Minutes Each Day
- Try to be active for at least 30 minutes a day.
- You can go to the gym for 30 minutes, chase your kids around for 30 minutes or even go for a daily walk for 30 minutes.
- If you are looking for a little more motivation, join our walking club on Wednesday evenings!
Get a Full Night of Sleep
- Sleep is very important to overall health!
- Not getting enough shut-eye can negatively impact everything from your mood to concentration to balance!
- Ideally, a person should aim at getting 7 to 9 hours of sleep a night.
- Did you know that sleep helps to balance hormones in your brain that control telling you that you are full and also when you are hungry?
- Food prep is an important part of setting yourself up for success.
- Designate a few hours on Sunday to cook and plan out your lunches for the week.
- This way you are making meal decisions when you are not hungry and reaching for the less healthy options!
If you are looking for new recipes to try, you can find several on our blog as well as below:
Category: Weight Loss Tips
Please add a comment
You must be logged in to leave a reply. Login »